Do I need to have any basic fitness before I join MetaSport?

No, MetaSport training sessions cater for all levels of athletes. These range from complete beginners to top age-group athletes. It is however recommended that you get a full medical check-up from your doctor before partaking in any physical exercise.

Do I need to be able to swim freestyle to join the MetaSport group swim sessions?

No, on Monday evening from 8 to 9pm, we have a “beginner’s swim lane”. This swimming lane is there to teach individuals who are unable to swim freestyle to swim it. However, please note that we do not recommend weak swimmers to take part in the other weekly swim sessions.

Do I need to have a racing bike to join the bike sessions?

No. If you are new to cycling and don’t own a road bike, it is fine to start on a mountain bike with slick/thinner tyres and progress onto a standard road bike when you are comfortable.

If I become a member am I required to join every training session during the week?

No, you may come to as many or as few training sessions during the week as you like. If you are only interested in joining 1 session a week, choose the Uni membership package. For more than 1 session a week, you need to choose the  Maxi  Package.

What if there are adverse weather conditions before or during a MetaSport training session?

The training sessions will always run whatever the weather. A training session will only ever be cancelled if members are at risk, for example dangerously close lightning or high speed winds. The decision will be made on the spot at the coach’s discretion.

Is it possible to try some training sessions before becoming a member?

Yes, you are entitled to one training session of your choice (with the exception of the Saturday open water swim session and the Sunday ride) before making the decision to join. To join a trial session, click here

Do you have a discounted family rate?

If your children or spouse wish to join MetaSport with you they are entitled to a 10% discount.  Contact membership@metasport.com for your discount code.  Please note you may only use 1 discount code per membership.

What is the cancellation policy?

Your membership will automatically continue for another term at the end of the term (3, 6 or 12 months) unless you give us 15 days notice to end your membership.  If you allow your membership to roll over to a further term you may only cancel at the term end (after a further 3, 6 or 12 months).

You can give us notice by:

  • Calling +65 6464 5130
  • Email: membership@metasport.com

You can cancel your membership at any time if your circumstances change as below and it is not possible for you to train:

  • Long term injury
  • You become pregnant
  • Move overseas

We will need to see documents as proof of the change in your circumstances. If you cancel your membership for any of these reasons, no further charges will be made upon receipt of your cancellation via email or calling as above.

If you wish to cancel your membership for any reason other than those above you only need to pay 30% of the unused period. You will be refunded/not charged the remaining 70%.

What if I am unable to attend training for a long period of time during my membership period?

We offer you a freeze option.

As a MetaSport member, do I get any privileges for the MetaSport races?

We are a little more flexible if you really need to cancel your MetaSport race registration.

For any member with a valid reason to cancel, we will provide you with an 85% refund.

Reasons such as-

1. A medical condition

    • Serious injury that physically prevents you from undertaking the race
    • Serious illness with a medical certificate advising that you cannot race, including pregnancy

2. Compassionate reasons such as a death in the family

MetaSport, changing your life one stroke, one pedal, one step at a time.


Be the first to know.

Join our mailing list to receive the latest event news, updates and more.

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

close icon MetaMiles Account