05 Jan Operations Manager – Events
- Responsibilities and objectives
MetaSport are a leading sports event organiser in Singapore. In 2022 we are organising several local and prestigious international events. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and passionate Operations Manager to drive the production of these events. The role involves managing the planning and implementation of all operational aspects of the events, with the goal of delivering a high quality and safe race experience to our participants, while meeting the key requirements of our stakeholders. Working to set deadlines and within budgets is essential.
- Detailed job scope
- Develop detailed and thorough event plans including venue layout, set-up, security, signage, manpower, equipment, etc.
- Drive the execution of the plans timely, accurately, and efficiently
- Secure event venues and road closures
- Obtain relevant permits and authorizations from government agencies and other stakeholders
- Manage the Operations department budget, provide latest estimates when requested, analyse variances, initiate corrective actions
- Manage and mentor the Operations Coordinator, working together to complete all operations tasks successfully for each event.
- Provide cost-effective solutions finding budget savings when possible, while maintaining high standards
- Source, hire, brief, manage and appraise contractors
- Develop and manage department processes and procedures
- Supervise the recruitment, training and briefing of volunteers and project staff
- Source consumables, materials, and equipment
- Supervise proper storage of equipment, assets and consumables, and keep an accurate record of inventory
- Provide transport and logistics solutions
- Ensure smooth and effective communication with the other departments
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- Good written and spoken English
Apply to email@example.com by Tuesday 5 April 2022.